Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Friends"

This weekend was so incredibly tough. I don't really want to divulge in the details, but I will say that it was non-infertility related and I was facing some pretty serious life changing events.

My anger, however, stems from a "friend" who knew I was going through a very serious situation and hardly reached out to see how I was.

Our relationship has become more one sided as every day passes. I'm always there to listen to her when she's having problems, but when I need a shoulder or even just a small "hey thinking of you" text, she's nowhere to be found.

I was talking to my husband this weekend and I decided that I don't need people like that in my life. So I'm done being a good friend. Sure, maybe that sounds shitty, but there are people in my life who do give me the love and support that I need and I much rather give them more attention because I know they'll appreciate it.

Life is too short to waste time and effort on relationships that aren't appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment