Saturday, December 14, 2013

Facebook

There's a new status "game" going around Facebook recently and it's really been bothering me.

**Like my status and I'll give you a number. You have to post that number of things about your pregnancy(ies)**

Maybe it's because we're at the end of another failed IUI cycle and we're currently benched this next cycle. Maybe it's because I am so envious and jealous of all of those ladies who have been pregnant and can participate in this "game". I decided to do a twist on the game...and maybe I'll use this on day as my "coming out" post on Facebook.

3 Things about my Pregnancy

1) I have never been able to experience the bundle of emotions that comes with getting a positive pregnancy test. I want to experience those feelings more than anything in the world.
2) We have been struggling with infertility and the probability of us getting pregnant on our own, without medical assistance, is extremely slim.
3) We spend thousands of dollars, and hours and hours, *every* month, at a reproductive endocrinologist's office trying to make our dreams of becoming a family a reality.

That being said, we need your support, I need your support. I need my friends to say things like “I am here for you if you want to talk, or not talk, or drink, or swear, or shop. But if you don’t want to that’s perfectly ok. I’ll be here waiting for you when YOU are ready”.

This is a painful and difficult journey to be on. Sometimes there is no hope, just disappointment, desperation, despair. You feel totally alienated and you can quickly become consumed by your situation. Your world shrinks to the world of infertility and you fight tooth and nail to protect the fragile hold you have on sanity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment