Thursday, November 14, 2013

IUI #1 was a bust :(

My RE doesn't bring you in for a beta unless you get a positive test on your "test day" so I peed on a test as instructed and got a big fat BFN. I was so (naively) hopeful for this cycle because it was the first time we actually had a good shot (or any shot actually!) since we started TTC. After that conversation with my SIL, I'm just absolutely crushed.

Hours after my test, AF showed up. Just awesome. I called the RE to see if I can get in tomorrow (Sunday) before I leave for my work trip. I hope they call back soon...I don't want this cycle to be a bust because it's more than likely our last cycle until next summer :(

Update - The RE never called me back, so I called them again Sunday morning and got this response "Unless you can be here in 20 minutes, there isn't anything we can do for you." I live 40 minutes away from the RE. I absolutely lost it at that point. I apologized to the nurse because I just couldn't stop sobbing. She said she would talk to the dr and see if I could come in on CD6 (the first day I would be back in town after my work trip) but I won't hear from her until Tuesday.

I went upstairs and just cried and cried while Brian held me. I honestly don't know what I would do without that man sometimes. I don't have many weak moments, but when I do, he is always my rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment